Over the next couple of months, we’ll be publishing interviews with all our amazing Christchurch Vendors, giving you the chance to learn a little bit about them and what you might find at the fair. Here is the first one – keep an eye out for more!
1) Can you tell us a little bit about your business and what you bring to the wedding scene? At The Little Hire Company we like to stock fun, trendy and unique items. Our hire catalogue is built on all the latest trends, what customers ask us for and of course pretty things we spot ourselves!
2) What are you most looking forward to at the Christchurch Wedding Fair in April? Can I say the food? The vendors there each year are amazing! But in all seriousness, I think I’m like the couples who come along – I love seeing everything come together and just the feeling of walking through someone’s Pinterest board.
3) What sets this Wedding Fair apart from other wedding showcase events you’ve attended? It’s far more relaxed, and couples can actually enjoy everything there – there’s food, entertainment and specific areas where you can meet with vendors which flows easily – there are no partitions!
4) How do you personally hope to inspire Christchurch brides-to-be for their up-coming weddings? There is a misconception that “Pinterest weddings” are unobtainable but you can see time and time again that you can recreate elements you love without breaking the bank. So that’s always my biggest satisfaction – showing someone who thinks they can’t have something – they can!
5) Can you reveal a little about what we can expect to see from you at the Christchurch Wedding Fair? Fun! Bucket loads of it 😉
6) Finally, what is your new favourite wedding trend to enter the 2016 season? I am in LOVE with the metallic and geometric trend we’re seeing out of the US. It can be dressed up to be more bold or dressed down with a mix of rustic, and I love it either way. It’s nothing new in the US, but it’s very slowly emerging here and I think we will see a bit of it this upcoming season.
1) Can you tell us a little bit about your business and what you bring to the wedding scene? The Cake Eating Company creates and makes bespoke wedding cakes and desserts. The ingredients are the best we can lay our hands on and sourced locally where possible, although we do indulge with Belgian and French chocolates and Tongan vanilla. The cakes are finished to the highest standard and look at home in a rustic vineyard or luxury hotel.
2) What are you most looking forward to at the Christchurch Wedding Fair in April? We love the intimate setting of the Wedding Fair – the opportunity to take the time to talk with couples in depth about their big day and get to know what they’re after and how we can best facilitate a wedding to suit their taste buds.
3) What sets this Wedding Fair apart from other wedding showcase events you’ve attended? The collaboration between vendors is brilliant! It brings the displays to life and makes it easier to picture the items at your wedding. The zones also provide great inspiration for brides and grooms!
4) How do you personally hope to inspire Christchurch brides-to-be for their up-coming weddings? To tantalize their taste buds! We bring along samples of all our favourite cakes and desserts as well as a jaw-droppingly delicious display of cakes
5) Can you reveal a little about what we can expect to see from you at the Christchurch Wedding Fair? A variety of mouth-watering cakes. We specialize in every type of cake, from hand-painted beauties to buttercream delights.
6) Finally, what is your new favourite wedding trend to enter the 2016 season? The explosion of cake as art – from serious masterpieces painted on fondant to the cake and all its trimmings creating an edible work of art!